I love chocolate. I also love avocados. I love chocolate and avocados mixed together! Who knew??
Sometimes, an avocado-chocolate milkshake does the trick, but I couldn’t resist making this pudding when I saw the recipe on a blog. I not only had a couple of lucky ripe avocados on the counter waiting to be made into pudding, but I had also been wondering what to do with my surplus of ripe bananas. Problem solved.
Chocolate Avocado Banana Pudding [serves 2-4]
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 6-8T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1t cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine the avocado + banana and process until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Process again until smooth.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days in sealed container
- Eat with homemade whipped cream, sliced bananas, nuts, etc.
Here’s what mine looks like:
While I am on the subject of chocolate and copying other peoples’ recipe ideas…I decided to make this beautiful nut butter spread (inspired by the same blog sited above) for even more delicious milk shakes, oatmeal and bagel toppers, etc. Introducing:
Chocolate Peanut Butter!!
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T. honey/sugar
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- (if using unroasted nuts, first roast in oven for 20 minutes at 300*, until golden brown).
- process nuts in food processor until a drippy butter forms
- add cocoa powder and salt and continue to process until drippy again
- finally, add sweetener and process, once again until drippy!
|Delicious chocolatey drippiness!
After sampling the gooey chocolate peanut butter, I decided it was absolutely necessary for me to make a milkshake with this new pb…so I threw some key ingredients into a blender…
|1-2 T chocolate pb + 1 c. milk + 1 banana, frozen + 1/2 avocado… + 1/2 c avocado chocolate banana pudding (optional)