3rd post of the day, and I’m growing weary, so I’ll make this quick.
Mixing fruits together is never a bad idea…not to my knowledge, at least. And it is especially a not-bad idea when these fruits are baked in a cobbler.
Yesterday, I tested this theory while making dessert to go with my dad’s famous homemade vanilla ice cream.
Without further ado, here is the new-and-improved family “peach” cobbler recipe…
|did i mention that these peaches are from our tree!?|
- Slice 4-5 fresh peaches
- Mix peaches in bowl with 2 cups berries (I used blackberries and blueberries but any berries (or apple slices?) will do)
- In separate bowl, whisk together 3 T. butter (softened), 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 cup bisquick (or flour/baking soda mixture of sorts)
- Pour batter into greased 8x8x2 pan
- Pour fruit onto batter and top with sprinkles of sugar (about 1/3 cup)
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over fruit, and sprinkle with cinnamon/nutmeg
- Bake 1 hour at 350* (325* for glassware)
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream!!