Coffee is one of my favorites. I love the smell, the taste, the warmth, and the feeling of drinking delicious fresh-roasted, brewed beans!! And chai tea is up there too. Normally, I drink my coffee black because I don’t like to water down the coffee-ness of it. But, after tasting this amazing concoction from Palermo in Ventura, I haven’t been able to stop myself from obsessing…
Here it is…
…it is a perfect mixture of chai tea, coffee, cream and sweetness.
Myself and my equally-enticed boyfriend, Brice, have come up with quite a few different ways to re-create this (all scrumptious).
One of the latest Buddy recipes is…
- 6 oz fresh brewed chai-spiced Trader Joe’s coffee or other coffee of choice
- Can also use fresh espresso shots + milk/water)
- 2 tsp homemade or store-bought chai tea
- I like to make a chai tea blend with black tea and spices and store it in a jar for tea times
- You can also try a powdered chai blend like this and just whisk the powder into your coffee and add steamed milk/foam (skip steps 2-5 below)
- 1/3 cup steamed milk or half & half
- 1-2 tsp honey or sugar (opt.)
- Brew coffee (filter/drip/espresso/press). If using espresso shots, you may need more milk for step 4, or you can add hot water!
- Allow tea to steep in coffee for 2 minutes (I like to use a tea ball)
- If adding sweetener, add to milk and stir before steaming…
- Steam milk (while tea is brewing) and foam!
- Remove tea from coffee, pour over milk/foam
- Sip slowly and eat cookies/cakes
|if you like drip coffee, may I suggest the cone filter technique! so easy and yummy!|
|such a cute, confusing lil’ coffee cup…my sis got it for me 🙂|
|coffee, homemade chai blend, and tea ball|