Tribute to Michael Jackson
Yesterday, I bought beets for the first time! While I was working at my favorite place, Tri Running, a customer came in for shoes and voluntarily raved about the beets at the farmers’ market across the street. She even explained to me her favorite ways to prepare them. Intrigued by her beet love, I was driven to check them out at a vendor. Only $1.50 for 3 good-sized beets. Sold.
Here is what happened to two of those beets today at lunchtime (the fate of the third is still TBD):
Beet number one was rinsed, sliced, and roasted in an oven, then tossed into a roasted veggie salad.
Beet number two was juiced into a new favorite juicy treat.
- place prepped veggies on baking sheet and toss with 2 T olive oil, and salt, and bake at 350 until soft (test potatoes with fork).
- spread arugula on plates (1 c. per plate), and place slightly cooled veggies on top.
- drizzle with balsamic, and sprinkle with pepper.
- optional: top with cooked egg, avocado slices, and crumbled bacon.
- juice beets, carrots, and sweet potatoes on high speed (if you have a high speed option).
- juice oranges and lemon on low speed.
- add ice and blend in blender if desired.
|Double the Beet|
If you want to read up on why you should be eating beets, see this beet link 🙂