Last Wednesday morning, like so many these days, was a smoothie kind of morning. I made some carrot juice, and then turned it into a slice of pie.
Fun food fact (FFF): Sweet Potatoes have more potassi-yum than bananas!
Spaghetti Squash Marinara (serves 4)
1) cut 1 whole spaghetti squash in half, and spread 2 T olive oil (1 T per half) over the flesh, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
2) roast, flesh-side down on baking pan lined with foil at 450*F for 30 minutes, until softened through and slightly browned.
3) scrape flesh from squash with large metal spoon.
4) heat 2-3 cups marinara sauce in medium pot with 4 minced cloves of garlic and 1/4 c. fresh basil.
5) toss squash with marinara.
6) serve with grated parmesan cheese.
At work, to keep my blood sugar from dropping too low, I had a juicy peach with a handful of Trader Joe’s Happy Trekking mix,
…half of a “Sport Cookie” that we are testing out at the shop,