Since putting down and sharing some thoughts on goal setting and what it means to me, I have decided to share some of my current goals:
Sharing goals is a big step and is sometimes scary to me. Especially if the goals are big and “crazy,” and especially if I really do want to meet them. As uncomfortable as it is to share them, it is also a good way to get encouragement, support, and accountability from friends and/or strangers.
Britt’s Goals, 2014
- Marry Prince Charming in April
- Planning for wedding and married life!
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Complete graduate thesis and graduate with an M.S. Nutrition degree in May
- Stay on top of writing drafts
- Encourage my swimmers to fill out goal sheets and to be familiar with their times
- Set aside time in practice to write goals and help with goal setting
- Email out updated spreadsheets of times for weekly challenge swims
- Reward swimmers who make and/or meet goals
- Place top 3 in the Monroe Elite Development Race in June (and get elite license)
- Stay consistent with workout plan
- Tune up races?
- Sleep 8-10 hours most nights
- Fuel workouts with quality foods
- Establish season race plan
- Get plugged in at church
- Join a small group
- Find a place to serve
- Enjoy wedding/marriage (& planning), school, coaching, training, racing, church life
- Appreciate the blessings that the above are and the awesome people I get to do life with!
- Run away from Self-Pity and stop complaining (oh dear, I’m scared to write that one down)
Some of my goals are more specific and concrete, while others are a bit vague and abstract. I do like to have specific goals, but some areas of life are more difficult to put practical application to (for example “enjoy” or “appreciate”). For those more abstract goals, I like to use them as a reminder to myself of a perspective I’d like to keep. I plan to look back on my goals occasionally to see if I am getting off-focus or if perhaps I need to adjust my focus in some areas. I’m excited for the process of working for and reaching these goals, and other goals either unmentioned or not-yet-determined. I am also excited for the unforeseen bumps and twists that will undoubtedly obstruct my straight, comfortable, pathway.
You have my permission to ask me how I am doing with these goals and hold me to them when you see me 🙂
Love it Brit! 🙂
I’ve never heard you once complain in the 5 years I’ve known you!! Thanks for sharing these 🙂