As I am currently in the business of re-releasing old blog posts, and in an effort to make my blogging life more efficient, I thought I’d dig this baby up from last summer, rather than write a brand new post for 2014…
Calling all swimmers, triathletes, and adventurous ones, near and far, young and old:
Once again, I will be setting up a couple of buoys and going for a morning circuit swim ’round them at the Ventura Pier (err…just to the north of it) on the regular. I am hoping that a solid group of crazy people would like to join me! No cost, except for a couple of marbles and caloric expenses. “Crazy person” qualification standards include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to swim in the ocean
- Desire to get up early in the morning to swim
- Being human, age 18 or older…or must have parent consent
- Ability to swim at least 500 meters in the ocean comfortably without assistance
- Wetsuit-wearing is not mandatory, but welcome, and, in some cases, encouraged
- Agreement not to sue Brittany for any unfortunate ocean swim-related incidents
- Please fill out this mandatory online waiver
Swims will be every Friday, 6-7am, from August 1st through
September 12th August 29th:
- Friday, August 1st, 6-7am
- Friday, August 8th, 6-7am
- Friday, August 15th, 6-7am
- Friday, August 22nd,6-7am
Friday, August 29th, 6-7amCancelled due to dangerous conditions
- Arrive early to meet/prep/warmup. Workout will begin at 6am and end by 7am.
- Occasionally, as needed, open water swim skills and tips may be discussed
- Workout will include water entry, exit, race pace circuits, beach running between circuits, etc.
- Bring suit, cap, goggle, towel, warm/dry clothes, water/snack for afterwards, lube/body glide, water to rinse feet, sandals to walk to beach, swim accessories (nose clip, ear plugs, booties…)
- Bathrooms are very close by, an immediate right from the parking garage near the pier
- Outdoor showers are available close by if needed, but allow time for a 10 minute walk
- Parking is available (early mornings are free!) in the lot on Harbor Blvd and California St.
- From the 101 N, exit 70A for California St. Make a left on S California St.
If you would like to join in on the craziness, please contact me by commenting on this post, or by leaving a message/comment on the BrittFit Facebook Page. Your response is necessary so that I can be sure to let you know of any changes/cancellations. I will also ask you to fill out the mandatory online waiver before attending a workout with me.
Let’s jump in!