11 days. 2 triathlons. 4 hotels. 2 rental cars. 3 support crew members (Brice, Mom & Dad). Many firsts and many lessons to take away…
- First trip to Florida
- First all-professional races
- First swim with gators, and in tea water (tannins–what!?)
- First time hanging out with new friend, Savannah…had to come all the way to Florida to meet someone who lives 30 minutes from me in Cali.
- First time meeting Brice’s great uncle & aunt
- First time to Disney World
- First time at the Kennedy Space Center
- First peanut butter and jelly burger with bacon. Yummiest.
- If you rent a car from Budget, sign up for Budget Fastbreak to avoid 1-hr lines.
- Sight less, swim more!
- Have a sighting plan of action. Don’t just wing it.
- Transitions are paramount, especially T1.
- GET IN A BIKE PACK or suffer by yourself!
- First find a pack and THEN put your bike shoes on.
- Pro Triathletes are really stinkin tough.
- AeroPress coffee maker = good investment. Fast, delicious coffee in the hotel room. Yum.
- Ruster Sport Hen House bike bags also = good investment. No more airline fees for traveling with my bike!
- Don’t pack a giant rice cooker in your checked bag–it will break and you will be sad.