One of my goals is to live a simple life. Some things that I aspire to live out:
- quitting is okay (sometimes). it can make newer, simpler, better opportunities open up.
- get a good great organizer/planner. online vs. paper is super cool. I like this one.
- declutter your life (mental/physical/emotional). only keep what you really want and need.
- declutter your closet. start with getting rid of one item every week.
- when you think about doing something, do it…before it adds another thing to your “to-do” pile.
- take a break. even if only for 20 seconds. breathe.
- journal. write out all of your thoughts. make a list. write a poem, free verse, or song. talk it out. pray. be honest. get it out.
- be you. be genuinely you and only you.
- just say no. you cannot please everyone. remember that saying yes to something is simultaneously saying no to other things.
- know what you really want. make sure you really want it. go after it. do not settle for less.
- stop worrying. there is no room for that (see below). be like a child.
Matthew 6:25-34New International Version (NIV)
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.